This version is a trial version of Dali Renderer. The renderer contains all features. The only restriction is a cross-watermark that will be added to final picture if rendering lasts longer than 30 minutes.
You can purchase Dali Renderer at Autodesk Store. This includes 30-day free period for evaluation:
If you cannot proceed through the Autodesk Store, we would find different way. Please email email@example.com
Warning: due to well-known events in the World, the libraries of Dali Renderer are not digitally signed.
If you have any troubles with installation or usage, please provide the feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changed and fixed in 1.5.48:
- Added support for bump and normal mapping for caustic rays.
- Added support for Material Switcher [version 2024+].
- Added support for Compound nodes in the Slate Material Editor [version 2024+].
- Added support for RailClone.
- Added support for sub-folders in the output path.
- Added base and advanced modes for renderer GUI.
- Added sceneries for renderer GUI.
- Added tooltips for renderer GUI.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.47:
- Added volumetric caustics multiplier to Dali Light modifier.
- Fixed AovID for portal is not used.
- Fixed portal over another portal emits too much light.
- Fixed "emits caustics/non-caustics" switches are not used for Env emitter.
- Fixed scaling issue when 2 or more ForestPack instances use same source node.
- Fixed extra noise in volume when portal is behind a dielectric border of volume.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.46:
- Added volumetric caustics rate parameter.
- Added indirect caustics rate parameter.
- Added Force-Fly-Out checkbox to Volumetric material.
- Improved quality of caustics in hetero volumes.
- Fixed sampling of emitter cones from rectangular and triangular areas in medium.
- Fixed volumetric transparency calculations for direct light.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.45:
- Added "Precise placement" option to emitter modifier.
- Added "Fly-through priority" to Dali Uber material.
- Fixed sampling bug when caustic beam may be visible without a medium.
- Fixed caustic beam propagation through the cut-out sirface.
- Fixed primary gain in tonemap not saved.
- Fixed volumetric caustics for non-metric world units.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.44:
- Added support of 3ds max 2024.
- Improved sampling quality of hetero volumes.
- Fixed fly-through sampling of hetero volumes in single-scatter mode.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.43:
- Added Emitter Settings stack modifier.
- Added Primary Gain factor to ToneMap.
- LASER spot settings can be used with emitters now.
- Caustics enabled for ORTHO camera type.
- Emitter adaptation enabled for caustics also.
- Fixed texture mapping to sun objects in Dali Sun texmap.
- Fixed priority estimation for emitters.
- Fixed sky visibility through a portal for non-metric world units mode.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.42:
- Fixed bugs with caustics sampling.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.41:
- Better caustics in volumes where the camera is inside the volume.
- Introduced sampling rate for caustics.
- Improved LASER spot sampling for caustics.
- Added "caustics enable\disable" switch to emissive Dali Physical material.
- Fixed "Lock sampling pattern" feature.
- Fixed spot settings for Dali Physical material.
- Fixed bug with nesting priority for dielectrics without exponential attenuation.
- Fixed bug with priority issue when volumetrics are inside the solid dielectrics.
- Fixed several crashes when ActiveShade is using.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.40:
- Fixed regression with rendering of hetero volumes.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.39:
- Fixed quality of caustics emitting from sharp spot point emitter.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.38:
- Added intensity multiplier for caustics in the Tonemap.
- Added feature to render dimmer emissive materials without converting them to emitters.
- Fixed scene debug feature to replace unassigned material with debug material.
- Fixed appearance of rough refractive dielectrics in Material Editor preview.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.37:
- Caustics enabled for Fisheye camera.
- Caustics fixed for perspective camera with curved focus plane.
- Caustics fixed for perspective camera with rotated focus plane.
- Improved sampling quality for surface and volumetric caustics.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.36:
- Fixed appearance of material slots in Material Editor.
- Fixed bug when speculars with large roughness do not render.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.35:
- Enabled Hair and Particles detection algorithm for Rare Events solver.
- Enabled DOF and Pure Speculars detection for Rare Events solver.
- Added spot settings for emissive material.
- Added Hair Settings stack modifier.
- Added OSD Settings stack modifier.
- Added Common Settings stack modifier.
- Added support of IES photometric profiles for Point, Sphere, Disk and Rectangle emitters.
Changed and fixed in 1.5.34:
- New particle-based caustics. Alpha version.
Some features are not ready yet.
Some old functionality is disabled.
- Lot of bugs fixed.
- Quality and performance improvements.
Changed and fixed in 1.0.33:
- Rendering may be paused at finish to apply tonemap.
- Fixed bug in SSS for non-metric scene units.
- Fixed lense shift calculations for perspective camera.
- Fixed anamorphic calculations for all cameras.
- Fixed kaiser and blackman kernels.
- Fixed outline sampling for kernel size greater than 1.
- Fixed crash in spectral materials for NAN input.
- Fixed evaluation of emitters inside the volumes.
Changed and fixed in 1.0.32:
- New stand-alone renderer.
- Fixed several crashes and bugs.
Changed and fixed in 1.0.31:
- Added Cryptomatte support.
- Fixed bug when Multiscatter not rendered.
- Fixed bug with anisotropic phase function in volumetric medium.
- Fixed bug with clipping planes for perspective camera.
- Fixed several crashes.
Changed and fixed in 1.0.30:
- Improved REDS algorithm for directly visible volumetric caustics.
- Improved temporal stability of volumetric caustics.
- Improved rendering speed of volumetric caustics.
- Volumetric caustics are now possible with hetero volumes also.
- Fixed several crashes and bugs.
Changed and fixed in 1.0.29:
- Improved sampling of Physical material in GI2AA mode
- Improved REDS algorithm for more robust and uniform sampling.
- Fixed bug when Intel Denoise was not applied on preview.
- Fixed several crashes and bugs
Changed and fixed in 1.0.28:
- Added feature to ignore directly visible emitters through the reflecting or transmitting dielectrics.
- Fixed bug when tone operator was not applied on preview.
- Fixed crash if caustics used with importance greater than 1.
Changed and fixed in 1.0.27:
- Added support for 3DS Max 2023.
- Improved sampling of Sun&Sky models - both 3DS Max and Dali.
- Improved sampling of Ideal Dielectric in GI2AA mode.
- Improved sampling of Ideal Dielectric in spectral mode.
- Global GI2AA improvement.
- Improved scene preprocess speed.
- Fixed bug with ignoring displacement for some submaterials in Multi-Mat material.
- Fixed poor emitter sampling with bump map.
Changed and fixed in 1.0.26:
- New metropolis-like extension for REDS algorithm for both local and Sun&Sky emitters.
- Updated anti-firefly feature.
- Several bugs fixes.
- LICENSE check disabled until the September 2022
Changed and fixed in 1.0.25:
- Plugin lifetime extended
Changed and fixed in 1.0.24:
- Fixed slow emissive volume rendering in spectral mode
- Fixed rare crash in Material Editor
- Fixed bug with glow for textured Dali Sun
Changed and fixed in 1.0.23:
- Fixed bug with simple particles
- Fixed licensing issues
Changed and fixed in 1.0.22:
- Fixed bug in Sun&Sky emitter
- Improved sky sampling in Sun&Sky emitter
Changed and fixed in 1.0.21:
- Release version for production.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.20:
- Removed debugging code for Dali Sun texture map
- Fixed bug in Dali Physical material
Changed and fixed in 0.9.19:
- Added Dali Sun texture map.
- Improved caustics for Sun & Sky emitter.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.18:
- Fixed rare crash in preview when both Path Guiding and Tone Operator are enabled.
- Fixed regression with noisy 100% Sun & Sky emitter for GI.
- Improved sampling of Sun & Sky emitter.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.17:
- Added feature to use arbitrary texture map graph for environment lighting. Any number of HDR textures or Sun & Sky emitters can be used.
- Any number of HDR textures or Sun & Sky emitters can be used with environment portals also.
- Fixed cutout property sampling when used in Path Guiding mode.
- Minor bug fixes
Changed and fixed in 0.9.16:
- Fixed bug in Dali Normal map
- Added Dali UVWset map
- Added Dali ReTile map
Changed and fixed in 0.9.15:
- Fixed bugs in Dali Physical material.
- Fixed bug in Dali Normal map.
- Fixed bug in Dali Noise map
- Added UDIM support for bitmaps.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.14:
- New Dali MIE material for spectral effects like rainbow to use with spherical particles.
- New debugging features - Material and Texmap replacement, render without bitmaps.
- Improved preprocess speed for Forest Pack.
- Bug fixes.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.13:
- Fixed bug with SSS in Spectral mode.
- Improved creation of BSP trees - rare very long paths will not break rendering.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.12:
- Fixed mathematics behind the retro-reflection.
- Thin Film lobe added to Dali Physical material.
- Fixed SSS calculations on the exit side of volume.
- Fixed regression with volumetric caustics.
- Added sharp caustic switch to REDS algorithm settings.
- Added feature to adjust motion blur settings of objects separately.
- Fixed bug with deep chains of complex materials.
- Fixed regression(crash) when using tyFlow.
- Fixed slow ForestPack preprocess of scene.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.11:
- Thin Film material
- Fixed noise with large sun (1000%) for SunSky model
- Bug fixes
Changed and fixed in 0.9.10:
- Improved color decomposition system for spectral rendering.
- Added Falloff texture map.
- Added Spherical Particles object modifier to use with tyFlow and Particle Flow.
- Improved preprocess for spherical particles, tyFlow and Particle Flow.
- Fixed alpha channel in AOV system.
- Spectral Splines in materials are more friendly now.
- Fixed several bugs.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.9:
- Regression with faked shadow rays.
- Rendering preview of OSL material is very slow in Material Editor.
- GUI in Material Editor flashes during switch to Dali Physical material.
- Rendering of slots in Material Editor is very slow.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.8:
- Fixed bump-map calculations.
- Added Dali NormalMap texture map.
- Added "glossy" checkbox to Dali Physical material.
- Minor change in Dali Physical material: removed duplicated bump settings.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.7:
- Fixed crash in situation if 3ds max has many external file paths defined. The limit for 2048 characters was removed.
- Added Dali Displace object-state modifier.
- Scale factor for bump mapping is 100 times larger now.
Changed and fixed in 0.9.6:
- Added AO (Ambient Occlusion) texture map
- Added Wireframe texture map
Changed and fixed in 0.9.5:
- Added ToneMapper
- Added Ray Switch material and texture
- Fixed support for older versions of Forest Pack
Changed and fixed in 0.9.4:
- Poor reflection quality with Path Guiding (PG)
- SSS+PG, Translucency+PG poor sampling
Changed and fixed in 0.9.3:
- Slate Material editor cannot update GUI
- Gamma/color profile bug – usage of cached internal 3ds max scene textures denied
- Improved sampling of spots in volumetrics
Changed and fixed in 0.9.2:
- Added support for Light shape visible in renderer (not in volumetrics)
- Fixed diffuse shape for point light
- Fixed spherical shape for disc light
- Crashes in Material Editor, Renderer cannot start